Monday, October 13, 2008

Friendship is an amazing thing

Well I have taken almost a years break from writing this blog. I needed to step back and get a little more perspective on my life. I felt that writing about the Cancer was focusing too much attention on a part of my life which I had thought I wanted to fall into the past. I realize now that the old adage "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" really is the truth. Writing this blog has been cathartic. It has allowed me to concentrate on my family and my life.

About 6 months ago I started reconnecting with old friends I hadn't seen or spoken to in years. I have a friend from High School whom I have always loved like he was family. I realized when he contacted me that I had really missed him. I am glad that he is a part of my life again and that I have the chance to be a part of his. I recently joined Facebook which is allowing me to reconnect with other friends from college and previous work experiences.

This experience has given me a second chance. I have the opportunity to be better than before; a better wife, mother and friend. Now I just need to figure out how to balance work and life. Although I have to say it is nice to be able to work full time again. My friends can expect to hear from me more often and will probably get sick of me :)

I will keep blogging here. Not everyday but every so often when I feel like I need to release something or I have something to say that might help another survivor get through this. To those of you reading this, take the time to spend with those you care about. Life might be shorter than you thought and not all of us get that second chance. Be well!

No comments: